Monday, March 2, 2009

Drummer Boy!

Today when I was getting Blake ready for the day - he escaped (a daily occurrence). He ran over to his toys and found his drumsticks. He then proceeded to his garbage which he then flipped over. (we don't really use it as a garbage - it's become his drum set) The picture below details what happened next:


And here is a video of him going crazy and then cleaning up. Enjoy!

I forgot to mention how he's been doing sleeping wise. Last night he woke up right when Kevin and I were going to bed. We tried to get him to relax and fall back asleep in his crib but he wouldn't have it. So Kevin ended up sleeping on the couch and Blake joined me in bed. We slept until about 7:30 - but it wasn't a peaceful sleep. A bit of restlessness.

And as for the afternoon nap - he cried when I first put him down. I left him alone for a few minutes and then I went back in there to read him a book and help him relax again. He was upset when I put him back down but after about 5 minutes of crying he fell asleep!! YEAH!!! He woke up after an hour and we came downstairs to cuddle. He fell asleep while cuddling so he ended up sleeping for 2 hrs total.

Tonight for bedtime he went down fine - we gave him Motrin before bed so we are hoping that he lasts the whole night thru! Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: