Monday, January 12, 2009

15 Month Check-Up!

Today was Blake's check-up. I wasn't quite sure what to expect since this was our first real appointment with our new Dr. (the last one was just for a the flu shot so they didn't do all the normal stuff). The nurse first got him all measured - height 32.5 inches, weight 26 lbs 7 oz and head circumference 19.5 cm. I think the percentiles were 90%, 75%, and 90% - so he is still a big boy! Then while we were waiting for the Dr. to come in, the nurse gave Blake his very own book.
When the Dr. arrived, we talked about vaccines, allergies, ezcema and Blake's development. I found out that it's very unlikely that Blake will outgrow his peanut allergy. I'm a bit bummed about this since he'll never get to enjoy a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or peanuts at a baseball game. But I guess it could be a lot worse! She also said that whenever we wanted, she would refer us to an allergist to see all that he is allergic to. We also discussed the chicken pox vaccine, Hep A and MMR. Right now Kevin and I are going to wait on the chicken pox - we are hoping that he might catch it on his own! And for the MMR, I've decided that we'll get that one at 24 months. So today he received his first Hep A shot. He whimpered for 2 secs and then he was fine.
Oh - I also wanted to mention that Blake LOVES to flirt. During the exam, the Dr. had a resident doctor (I believe) shadow her and Blake flirted with the resident Dr. the whole time I was talking with the main Dr. When they left the room, Blake asked her to pick him up. They gave each other high fives and when she left, he blew kisses!
Our day 12 of 365 pic is of Blake playing around in the exam room:

No comments: