Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Yesterday's Outing

Because we are now living where it snows and there is a wind chill, we have to really watch the weather to gauge when the best day to run errands will be. Yesterday ending up being that day. :) We had to wait until after Blake napped and ate lunch so we didn't end up leaving until 3:30...he took a really late nap! Then we were off to the West Des Moines library, Kohl's and Petco.

Yes - you read it right - the library. I finally have a library card. While we lived in Sacramento - I never got a card. I would talk about getting one at least once a month but I never did. So mark it on your calendars - we have only been living here 2.5 weeks and I have a library card :) It wasn't as enjoyable of an experience as I was hoping because Blake wanted to run around but I did manage to find one book to read. I also went online today and requested a few books (Wicked and Twilight). They have wonderful programs for little ones so I am thinking we'll be making weekly stops. I'm so giddy - I now can read books without having to buy them! LOL :) Kevin will be so thrilled!!

4 comments:

Barbara Ford said...

no way - a library card!!! Congratulations, I'm so proud of you!

Erin said...

I knew you would be :)

Sarah said...

You'll have to tell me what you think of Twilight. I've read all four in the series!

Erin said...

It will be a while before I read Twilight - I think I'm # 47 on the list!!! I am suppose to pick up Wicked this weekend...hopefully the library is open tomorrow!