When we decided to go ahead and move to Des Moines, one of the first things I looked up on the internet was skating clubs and synchro teams. I found that the Des Moines Figure Skating Club has a team called the Sparks. I saw that they had a coach and I was hoping that they would be willing to let me help with the team. I received a phone call yesterday from a team parent - I guess their current coach is a senior in high school and they have been stressing about what they are going to do when she leaves to go to school. They are extremely excited that I moved into the area - and really want my help!!
Today, while out shopping, we stopped by the Des Moines Figure Skating Club's (DMFSC) Holiday Gala to see the team perform and meet a few of the parents. I felt extremely welcomed and I can tell that the girls are excited to have a "real" synchro coach :) The only down side - they practice at 5 am on Friday mornings...ugh!
2 comments:
That's so cool (pun intended :-). Congratulations. Have fun getting up for 5 a.m. practice(LOL)!
Erin,
Congrads your new job. The rink is so lucky to have such a wonderful coach. Whoowhoo, 5am! Now that is ambitious!
The Ramirez Family
Post a Comment