Thursday, December 18, 2008

Second Flu Shot!

Today Blake received his booster shot for the flu. Yesterday I did some research online to find a good local pediatrician and called to schedule the appointment. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to get Blake in today! At our old pediatrician's office, it would have been a few weeks!

It wasn't a well baby check-up so they didn't do an official weigh-in or height check - just an generic one. Blake was measured with his clothes on. He weighed 27.1 lbs and was 33 inches. (No wonder my arms get so tired after carrying him around!)

Then we met our new pediatrician. Her name is Susan Flagel and she seems really nice! I think we'll be happy. After that - Blake received the dreaded shot! He cried only for a few seconds - and then he was okay. I made sure once we got home to give him some tylenol to help with any pain.

Let's just hope that he sleeps well tonight!!

No comments: