Monday, July 13, 2009

Zoo & Dinos!

This past Saturday we made a trip to the Blank Park Zoo. I wanted to get us out of the house - and we decided the zoo would be perfect!! Of course Blake was excited!! On the drive to the zoo, he kept on repeating what animals we would get to see, "Lions, tigers, giraffe, rooo!"

The zoo was pretty busy but we expected that since it was a Saturday!! Blake absolute favorite animals/activities this trip were the giraffes.....


And the train!


We had a blast!!! Can't wait until we go next - we are going to try to feed the giraffes! Blake will LOVE that :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunday - sorry but we didn't take any pictures! I was extremely busy with our first week of Learn to Skate so I was gone most of the day. I requested that Kevin take some pictures but I guess they didn't do anything too exciting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday! Today!! The start of our new week - and this week we are learning all about Dinosaurs! Blake has been very interested in dinosaurs lately and since we have a special trip planned for this Wednesday (if weather cooperates) I decided that it was time to explore dinos deeper!
Our craft project for today was Dinosaur Egg Art. I cut an egg shape out of construction paper, brought out the sidewalk chalk and let Blake go to town! He thought it was so cool that he was coloring a dino egg!


After coloring the dinosaur eggs, we decided to move onto the sidewalk. We drew all sorts of dinosaurs: stegosaurus, T-Rex, etc. We also drew some leaves for the dinos to eat. It was a lot of fun - and Blake certainly enjoyed himself!


To help make dinosaur week start off right - Blake got to wear his dinosaur pajamas to bed. Here he is showing off his p.j.'s!

No comments: