Friday - On Thursday our new neighbor asked if we would like some tickets to the Iowa Cubs baseball game for Friday night. We thought about it for a few minutes and then told him Yes! Kevin was able to leave work right at 5 so we quick at dinner at home and then headed to downtown Des Moines. While driving around looking for parking, we discovered the Science Center - Blake and I will definitely be making a trip there sometime soon!
We all enjoyed the game. We sat along the 1st base-side and clapped, cheered and yelled for the Cubs to win. Blake was so cute - whenever the golf cart drove around to throw t-shirts or hotdogs to the crowd, he would stand up and wave his arms in the air just like everyone else.
It was quite hot and we were informed that there was a really neat fountain for kids to play in out in the outfield. Blake and I made our way there in the bottom of the 7th inning and played there until the game was nearly over. He had so much fun!!! He would run into the water, run up to me, give me a hug and then run back to the water. He did that every single time!! It was so sweet. He is so expressive - you know when he is having a fun time!
Saturday - we went shopping. Friday and Saturday were Tax-Free days so we wanted to do a little bit of shopping for our Disney trip. That's about all we really did. Not too exciting there!
Sunday - a normal Sunday - I had skating in the afternoon so Kevin and Blake played. I got back home and about an 1.5 hrs later the power went out. We played with blocks, balloons, baseball, made shadow puppets - everything to keep amused while the power was out. It went out because of some nasty storms outside. It was so windy that our grill cover blew off - and then our grill blew into the neighbors driveway! Kevin had to go recover our grill and he was soaking wet in a matter of seconds! Thankfully the power came back on around 10:30 - so we didn't have to worry about everything coming back on in the middle of the night. It was fun evening of family time without any distractions!
Blake's shadow puppet
Today (Monday) - I had plans to go to the library and Target but things changed quite rapidly after lunch. I was cleaning up in the kitchen when I heard Blake cry - I looked out into the family room and see Blake throwing-up. He quickly ran to me and while running continued to vomit. Thankfully Kevin was home to help me console Blake and clean him up. Kevin took Blake upstairs to Blake's room so I could clean up the mess (lucky me). I took a picture because the mess was huge. I didn't know where to start!! The main reason the mess was so bad is - Blake had eaten blackberries and raspberries for lunch. So our carpet was covered in pink and purple stains. Kevin put Blake down for his nap and went back to work with instructions to come home with a steam cleaner. I continued to clean the floor as best as I could. Once Kevin was home - we went right to work. The stains are much better - but you can still see some pink. I've asked around for some home remedies to get the stains out so hopefully tomorrow they'll be gone. But anyway - Blake is feeling much better. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!!
Pre steam cleaner
during steam cleaner
No comments:
Post a Comment