Today we had Blake's 1 year check-up. Both Kevin and I went and we were excited to see how much Blake has grown since his last appointment at 9 months. He is now 30 1/4 inches tall, he weighs 23 lbs and 8 ozs and his head circumference is 18 3/4 inches. I believe the nurse said he was in the 50-70% for weight and 60-80% for height. (they didn't do the percentiles on my paper like they have done in the past).
Also at this appointment he had to get a few shots. We decided to delay the MMR vaccine until a later date (maybe 15 or 18 months) but went ahead with his last Pneumococcal vaccine and his first flu shot (he'll have to get his booster shot when we move to Iowa). He was a trooper during the shots - cried for just a few seconds and then was completely fine. He doesn't seem to have any side effects - but we'll keep an eye out!
On the way home from the Dr.'s office - I called my Mom to compare the Bender babies to Blake. He doesn't weigh as much as we all did (smallest Bender baby was Ingrid - 24 lbs 13 oz, biggest was 25 lbs 8 oz which was Dylan) but he is about the same in height (Ingrid was 30 1/4 inches, and the tallest was me at 32 inches) I am hoping that Linda will tell me how big Kevin and his brothers were - it's fun to see how Blake compares!
No comments:
Post a Comment