The beginning of September started off with a trip just for Kevin and I! This was our very first time spending the night away from Blake. And we had a blast! Blake had a blast too with my Mom - they did something every single day!
Our first stop on our trip was Kansas City - we went to a Royals game and met up with an online friend of mine. We had a good time at the Royals game - we were able to sit in the Diamond Club box area which was really neat. This first picture is from our seats - right behind home plate!

We were in the sun for the first bit of the game - but eventually the sun moved so we were in the shade. I can't remember if the Royals won or not....but it was fun!


Our next stop after Kansas City was Branson, MO. We decided to go ziplining!! It was a blast!! And we will definitely do it again!
Here's a pic of Kevin zipping :)
We signed up to do the longest zip - which ended at this tower below. The zipline was a ton of fun - but getting off this tower was not! We had to step off the ledge and just fall to the ground (we were connected of course). That I will definitely not be doing again! It was scary!
For the rest of our Branson trip, we played a lot of mini golf, ate a bunch of yummy food and saw an amazing Titanic museum. It was a great long weekend away for our anniversary!

With September came the start of college football - so we have made a few trips up to Minneapolis to watch the Gophers in action. During the drive, Blake very much enjoys playing on our iPhone's.
Here's a picture from the first game we went to (the Gophers against USC). If you look closely, you can see that the band formed the M & rotated it! - one of our favorite parts of the pre-game show.
Blake loves the Gopher games because he gets to hang out with my brother Shaun. I don't know what they do while we are at the game - but Blake just has a blast!
So for the past month, Blake has become obsessed with all things Halloween. He loves spooky stuff, ghosts, monsters, goblins, etc. Everything. So when we were at Target when I found this cute felt Frankenstein mask - I knew Blake would love it!

Watch out!! It's Franken-Blake!!

The last weekend in September we did a fun family run! Kevin did a 10 mile race in preparation for the Des Moines 1/2 Marathon while I did a short 5k race. After both the 10 miler and 5k were finished there was a kid's race. Blake was super excited (after an initial feeling of apprehension!)
Look at that excited face!!! He loves his medal :)

and a fun pic of Blake and I after he finished his run :)
So that's basically what we've been up to in September. Kevin was extremely busy with training for the 1/2 marathon and his 2 volleyball leagues. I was crazy busy with synchronized skating starting and working nights. And Blake has been having a blast with preschool! Life certainly doesn't slow down!








No comments:
Post a Comment