Monday, April 26, 2010

Update!


Things have been going pretty well here. Blake hasn't asked for his pacifier after a day or two without it. We are really proud of him - he done so well!

So on top of weaning from the pacifier, we also started potty training! Yup - about a week and a half ago I decided to give it a go. He's done really well. Right now he runs around 1/2 naked and makes lots of stops at the potty. Last week we had a break thru with using the potty for #2's so we are definitely going in the right direction! I think we'll stay naked for a while - he isn't quite as good at going when he has a pair of undies on. But I think he likes letting it all hang out! lol

Another thing that has been going on - and started after Easter - is climbing out of his crib. He did it once last Fall and then forget about climbing out all Winter. While my family was here visiting for Easter, we wanted him to sleep in our room in the pack n play. He didn't want to do that - and proceeded to climb out of the pack n play....which then lead to him climbing out of his crib. Since then he's been climbing out here and there. Yesterday was horrible though. I think it took us an hour to get him to go to sleep and he woke up twice. The second time he was up for 2 hrs! Needless to say Kevin and I did not get much sleep. On to this morning - Blake was awake and out of his crib when Kevin woke up - and we let him come into bed with me. Well, he didn't stay there. He decided to head downstairs to watch tv and eat breakfast. So when I was fully awake a little bit later, Blake was eating yogurt and watching A Baby Story on TLC. So we will be moving Blake to his toddler bed very soon and also moving the baby gate to his bedroom door! No more early morning fridge raids!

No comments: