Sunday, February 27, 2011

What's going on?!

What have we been up to in February?

It started off with me heading up to Rochester MN for the US Figure Skating Synchronized Skating Sectional Championships. My team skated great and we had a great time! I also was able to see my old team from Sacramento qualify for Nationals! That was very exciting :)

Then basically it was back to the same old routine. School and work during the week and skating on the weekends. After 5 weeks of skating school we had pretty much given up hope that Blake would figure out how to move his feet and skate. But after a very insistent coach who wouldn't give up on him, he started skating last weekend! We went to a fun family skate that night and all 3 of us got on the ice to skate. It was great! Blake still needs to work on standing up but once he is standing he loves to move (especially if he is following a line drawn on the ice - he loves skating in my class because I'm all about drawing on the ice!) I have some pictures from our family skate night on my camera - I'll upload them tonight and add them to this post!

No comments: