Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Unpacking

Well we made it to Des Moines safe and sound. We did have some excitement on Saturday before we pulled into town though...the trailer that the big truck was pulling got a flat tire. Kevin and Shawn were riding in the big truck so they had to pull over for about 45 minutes so they could get it fixed before moving on. Randy, Blake and I made it to the house first and just hung out and waited for them to arrive.

Everyone helped unload the truck (well I helped as much as Blake would let me!). I think we were done unloading it at 7:30. Then we decided to go to Randy and Shawn's hotel to go swimming and relax in the whirlpool. That definitely helped!!

Randy and Shawn left on Sunday evening but not until we ate at Famous Dave's...a family favorite! Yummy ribs :) We are so very happy that they were able to take time off of work to help us move across country. We wouldn't have been able to do it without their help!! THANK YOU!!!!

So Kevin went back to work yesterday. And then today he and a couple of co-workers made their way over to Chicago for some training. He won't be home until late Thursday night. So that just leaves Blake and me. I'm trying to get some unpacking done - but it's hard to do it while Blake is awake. Right now I am suppose to be folding laundry and then organizing the master closet....I'm procrastinating! :)

I'll be sure to share some pictures of the house when it is all unpacked. It is definitely bigger then our old place! I think we'll like it here!

No comments: